Thursday, February 10, 2011

Aviary in pink and blue

OMGoodness, this Stampin' Up! Aviary Stamp Set is just too gorgeous.   The colours chosen for these cards are Early Espresso with Marina Mist and Pretty in Pink.   I've used an embossing folder to give the background card stock some texture and used matching card stock Designer Series Paper, so the stamped owl & bird cage remains the focal point. This card has 9 layers and would have to be most I've used on a card thus far.  The time taken to make these cards is well worth it when the results look as stunning as this.


There are 4 different bird cages in the Aviary stamp set and I've used the tallest one here.  Accompanying the owl are 3 different birds, which I'll be using in my card designs in the near future.


Thanks for visiting,
Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment